Pages

Thursday 31 October 2019

'Tis Halloween...

Parties and Pumpkins and a little halloween fairytale magic a long the way...


I cannot quite believe it but my lovely daughter Sophia is now officially a Teenager!!!!...
She was soooo excited to see sparklers on her cake!.


A long comes Autumn and all the beautiful colours...Rusty reds and golden tones...
It always amazes me like ive never seen an Autumn like it before...
We've enjoyed some wonderful family walks along the old canal and into the woods, around our pretty old Market town and some trips in the car to the sea and coastal harbours in Cornwall and to Dartington Hall for a lovely Autumnal walk around the estate and gardens...

Beautiful issue of Country Living U.K this month, beautiful styling by selina lake...

We had a family day in Liskeard, Cornwall... Beautiful yarn bombing around the little market town.
We enjoyed looking through the book shop, charity shops and antiques shops...
I came home with a few treasures...
I'm still enjoying some late dahlias bringing colour to the garden and other little blooms in the pots on the patio...My Mother came over and took a huge bag of apples!...I cannot believe how many apples the trees produced this year!...
This is a beautiful vintage Pumpkin  picture I found through pinterest...

I had a little go at carving and drawing onto my own pumpkins ( not home grown)...
I used a white Posca pen to decorate the foliage one...free hand styled it.
Adds a little magic to the fireplace...Sophia is yet to finish hers.

Enjoying warming soups made with chicken stock, roast chicken strips, leeks, potatoes and grated cheddar...and toasted granary loaf....
I love my home with lots of sparkling fairy lights...especially now the evenings are getting much darker.

Its been a busy, but really Lovely Month, this October...We've enjoyed Sophia's birthday celebrations and had some lovely family outings during the half term week...
Wonderful Charlestown Harbour in Cornwall...And if you're a fan of Poldark the BBC series you will also like to know it was where a lot of the harbour scenes were filmed...Now quite a huge tourist attraction and you can walk around the set...We used to come here quite a lot before its big fame when we were first dating...We couldn't park quite a few trips during the summer months, so we did enjoy less coach loads of people and a quiet walk around...It was beautiful Sunny day too...We enjoyed pasties by the harbour wall.
Autumnal rose...

My Halloween inspired illustrations have been quite a success this month...I think everyone likes a bit of a fairytale...whimsical and dreamy...Ive been sharing them on instagram and 'Thank you' to those who have purchased prints from my Etsy shop (Link In sidebar to my Etsy shop)...
We seem to be filled up on cake most of this October month...and Enjoying Autumn and family time.

(Autumnal Illustration By Miss Kazzy)

Enjoy the magic of Halloween...I'm enjoying a toffee apple!

x   K a z z y   x


7 comments:

  1. Beautiful artwork and stunning photos! I also love October's Party! We did poetry in English Lit and our teacher loved poetry and always chose lovely poems that we would enjoy and remember. We didn't have any Hallowe'en visitors, though there were lots of kids out and about. I never got the opportunity to watch Poldark because I work late weekend shifts mostly, but I know the harbour. I love all your decorations! Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your art work is lovely Kazzie and I like the way you decorated your pumpkin, I would like to try that next year:) The harbour pics are beautiful, next time I am visiting my brother I would take a detour, I bet it's wonderful on a Summery day. have you thought of slicing and drying your apples? they would look great threaded as garlands for Christmas decorations. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kazzy.. I loved each and every image you shared. My ears perked when you said you got to visit where Poldark is filmed. We just love that series! You're so lucky to live where you do. We just got back from a trip down to Yosemite National Park in California. I hope you check out my blog posts from our trip. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to Sophia! Your photos are gorgeous as usual. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos! I can't believe you have a teenager. It happens so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your photos, Kazzy, are always so lovely! The colours of the trees this time of year are gorgeous, aren't they! We were given a framed print of Charlestown harbour a couple of years, which hangs in our office (hubby's words!)/ chaise longue reading room (my words) We haven't been there yet, but we will probably take a trip down there next year. Love your Halloween illustrations, guessing your Christmas ones will be soon?

    ReplyDelete