Pages

Saturday 23 April 2022

✨πŸ’›Easter part 2...πŸ’›✨

We've managed to squeeze in a few lovely trips on the second week of the Easter hols. Stevie managed to get a week off work holiday time so it's been lovely to just spend some quality family time together... ✨πŸ’›✨🌞It's also helped that we had a few really beautiful sunny days...

We explored a few National Trust properties local to us or under half hour drive away (trying our best to keep the petrol price down) Luckily, we have some beautiful, historical buildings near byπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±
On Dartmoor is Buckland Abbey... Former residents of Sir Francis drake... We enjoyed a picnic in the gardens where the children were busy looking for hidden eggs on the Easter egg hunt... 🐣✨⭐🐣✨
Wonderful kitchen gardens... πŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±
Exploring the old Abbey, monks barn and Court gardens which where filled with tulips.... 
The heat of the sun in the court yard gardens was wonderful πŸŒžπŸ’›
Enjoyed my Easter treat... πŸ«πŸ’•πŸ¦”
The next day we headed to Antony House, National Trust in Cornwall, we went on the Torpoint car ferry. I've mentioned it before but some of the Johnny Depp Alice in wonderland was filmed there.... πŸ°πŸ’›
Another beautiful sunny day exploring the house &  walled gardens... πŸ’š
I love it there so wonderfully peaceful... 
πŸŒ±πŸπŸŒ±πŸ’šMy hill top garden apple trees are starting to blossom which fills me with joy. 
we took my daughter & her school friend into the city. While they had fun shopping we had a look around the shops too... Afterwards we headed to Saltrum House, National Trust... It was cooler that day... πŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±
It was late afternoon and still very busy... 
But the house was quiet and gave us peace to look round... An amazing house inside... And outside ducks on the large pond🌱🐣🌱
A few little holiday treats... πŸ’›
It's not like I don't have a cubooard full of cups & mugs! But... I do love a niiiiiiice big hot chocolate mug and I've also been de cluttering a lot of old plates and homewares over recent months... I do need to have another sort out though. I loved this pretty floaty top... I'm obsessed with green & reds at the moment... I've never been on trend I just like what I like... And I adored this fair trade hand basket ideal for market day veg and shopping πŸ’š
We kept it local today... A wonderful walk along the old railway viaduct & railway track which is now a country walkway.... We spotted a beautiful hidden hideaway retreat between the trees looking down from a smaller bridge during the walk... The countryside is full of bluebells, just beautiful. πŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸ°
Thank you for the wonderful comments on my last blog post ... 
πŸŒ±πŸ’›πŸŒ±πŸ°πŸ¦”πŸ’•✨✨🌞🐣
Enjoy your weekend πŸŒ±πŸ’šπŸŒ±
x     K a z z y    x

3 comments:

  1. Lovely family times to treasure.Thank you for sharing.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely places you visited - the apple trees in the orchard where I work are beginning to bud up - full of promise :) One of my favourite tree blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you use red in your lovey decor! xo

    ReplyDelete