Pages

Monday 1 July 2024

✨🌟junk journal July🌟✨

Welcoming a brand New month...

✨✨πŸŒŸπŸŒΉπŸ’šπŸŒŸ✨✨

And it's been quite a fully packed month since I last posted on here my poor neglected blog🀣🀭 I must do better!!... So again it's a bit of a catch up post & I'm also taking part in # junk journal July 2024 hosted by @ meg journals over on Instagram... hopefully share the prompts on here during this month as well... I found a wonderful old, vintage book in the second hand book shop well, several books in fact...all around 2.99, I fell in love with the front covers mainly and it didn't bother me that the pages inside were a little loose, warn and slightly stained with age spots. Some of the picture plates were still in very good condition. I taught myself to take out the damaged pages then add my own and stitch , replace . I'm not very professional but it works and it makes it personal. I hardened and fixed the spine with card and glue before stitching in page segments. I do love fussy cutting images out of old magazines, vintage books, ephemera to use in my junk journals.

✨✨πŸŒŸπŸ’šπŸŒΉπŸŒŸ✨✨ My first page of Junk journal July was *Spark*...So I finished off this page for day 1....
✨✨πŸŒŸπŸŒΉπŸ’šπŸŒŸ✨✨I  find it's a good way to get yourself creative each day even if it's only for half an hour ...I keep lacking that creative flow at times so this is helping me. If you feel inspired please have a go... doesn't have to be perfect just something to ease you back into journaling...I doubt I'll manage to achieve all the prompts... sometimes it's not about the completion it's more about the taking part...it's definitely good art Therapy for me....and loosing myself in the creative process and letting my imagination run free.
✨✨πŸŒŸπŸ’šπŸŒΉπŸ˜I trying to think where I left off last time I blogged ...My Lovely Sophs has been busy with her driving lessons again after not passing her 1st test, also alongside her Accountancy apprenticeship she's  in a theatre musical group in the evening during the week. we watched her 1st show with them last Saturday.... always so proud of her and all her achievements. My brother and his family came to visit along with my nephew's new baby girlπŸ₯🍼 .I really am starting to feel old!! So it's been fully packed lately with visitors and outings . Really lovely though.πŸ’•πŸ˜Š
✨✨πŸŒŸπŸ’šπŸŒžIt's been quite a good summer for me weather wise not too hot...I'm not a lover of heat. I actually prefer overcast days warm and not raining obviously!... we've enjoyed those such days doing long walks...I really enjoy the Tamar valley walk in Cornwall from Calstock to Cotehele πŸ’š Along the river Tamar...And enjoying Cotehele national trust house and gardens.
✨πŸŒŸπŸŒžπŸ’šπŸ’–πŸ“And locally grown strawberries... πŸ˜‹ Yummy!!
✨πŸŒŸπŸŒžπŸ’š✨🌞✨ So beautiful thereπŸ’š
We had a day in Totnes and for a change we took the train πŸš‚ πŸšƒ we hadn't done that in such a long time it was really good fun. We enjoyed a Steam fair in our Market town too at the beginning of the month of June.
✨🌞🌟✨πŸ’š✨🌟 And the foxgloves have been wonderful and also the roses in bloom during June ...❤️🌹❤️🌹❤️
✨✨πŸŒŸπŸŒžπŸ’š✨🌟🌹❤️✨🌟 Wishing you a joyous July... x    K a z z y   x

No comments:

Post a Comment