Pages

Sunday 16 September 2018

Sweet September...Walks together

On a typical weekend Myself and Stevie will sit up in bed with cups of tea and chat about what we would like to do. Usually non-expensive things...Walks, trips to the woods or Coastlines...Depending on weather and how energetic we are all feeling...Sophia will usually clamber on top of the duvet at our feet and asks 'what will we be doing today?'...And Some weekends we will just potter about at home. I think I'm quite an 'easy going' person...I'm actually quite happy to go with someone else's plan. Stevie is a very thoughtful person and usually wants me to decide where to go for a day trip.  On weekends when Sophia is with her dad's family its just 'me' and 'stevie'...Its almost like having the best of both worlds...Our own time and family time.. This weekend its just 'us'.   On Saturday We headed to a local spot a few miles away...We'd actually got up late, Stevie was on a late shift at work and needed a well deserved lay in. So by the time I'd done the washing, cooked some lunch and cleared away all my 'creative' piles of mess to do with sorting things out for Autumn fairs...We were ready to head out the door and drive somewhere for a walk. 
We Drove to Clearbrook on the Dartmoor National park. We parked up and walked the Moor lands...Down bridal pathways and rugged rocky paths where sheep were roaming freely...Passing woodlands, dried up streams and old Celtic stones.  I think we walked 4 miles...We did stop a few times.
The sun lit woodlands with dappled light shining on mossy loose branches and hawthorn shiny berries, Skeleton seed heads of Cow parsley and Hogweed.  It is a busy path we took towards the village of Yelverton. Bike riders every where. We nearly got knocked over on the small paths! ~ I dont think they had any intention of slowing down a bit!....The Sun seemed warmer on our backs heading towards the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  ~~ X ~~  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~  X ~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Sunday Stevie and Myself had set the alarm to get ourselves up a bit earlier. We headed to one of  his favourite childhood places called Fowey in Cornwall... 
It was lovely and peaceful  by the beach but towards the harbour town it was packed with people...We stopped off to have a Cup of tea and lunch in a lovely Tea room....
Out at sea we saw a wonderful old fashioned boat...It was quite a way out So my mobile Camera couldn't get the best picture but I tried. 
It was lovely to see Crochet bunting down by the coastline...

(Beautiful and colourful stain glass and painting on a door in Fowey)


It was a peaceful walk back to the car park and we gave a few tourists directions as they seemed a bit lost. 

Back to another busy week...It was good to have some fresh air on the Moorlands and down by the Cornish coast at Fowey.

x     K a z z y     x


9 comments:

  1. Don't we live in a beautiful country? Such lovely places to see, we are so lucky.

    I love your pictures, I find boats like that one rather romantic - you got a good picture of it. The crochet bunting looks rather pretty and in keeping with the surroundings I think. Would love to visit, it's a very long time since I've been to Cornwall or Devon. Maybe one day.....

    All your pictures are very evocative and beautifully seasonal too. Got to love those cute little sheep wandering about down the lane.

    Lovely to see such a nice blog post and to read about your lovely sounding weekend, it sounds wonderfully relaxing, while recharging at the same time. I've been berry spotting lately and yesterday saw a blackbird up in the trees tucking in to them. I must find my camera and take it out and about with me.

    Thanks for sharing - love your blog header.

    sara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you sara such lovely words...England has many beautiful places doesnt it. I'd love to explore the isles up in scotland ~ i went once as a little girl exploring lock lomand with my family and have wonderful memories of the locks and landscape. Yes you must take your camera! do you have a blog? ;)

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures, I am visiting Dartmoor this weekend to catch up with my brother.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a lovely time xx

      Delete
    2. I am going to add your blog to my feed as I couldn't see it on there ;)x

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous photos. The stained glass window on the door is beautiful and I do love the sheep out for their own walk, taking in the countryside! xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely places to walk, I enjoyed seeing your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People and things..... I always think they 'ruin' my photos.... so I manage to find shots where there are no folks hanging about ....or don't take any pics til they leave.... makes it all seem so much more peaceful doesn't it? Failing that...I go where they aren't going ... ....
    Love the little sheepies.... going for their walk.

    ReplyDelete