Pages

Tuesday 4 September 2018

Sweet child of mine...

 Its quite a strange feeling when the children go back to School and Summer's come to an end...
But I feel it even more so now my daughter, Sophia started Secondary School. I don't think i'm very good at change and starting new chapter's in my life. I almost have that feeling inside to hold on to her even more tightly than normal.  She walked to School alone...(her own choice)...No more Mother by her side. I am the anxious one, double checking her bag for P.E kit, lunch box ect...She's as calm as can be and was beaming her beautiful smile and longing to see her friends.  I watched her walk down our hill top lane...
She has a mobile phone and actually its great because otherwise i'd be stressing all day not knowing she arrived at the School O.K. And she texts when she arrives...I know I will get used to these changes and I am due for big changes myself into full-time employment. Its just a 'Biggy' to me all this and my heart feels a little bruised that I am not needed so much.  She 'Loves' me and still needs me in other ways...I know that.  I'm So very proud of her Today~ She came home so Happy~ And that means the world. She is bright, beautiful and full of many talents...She surprises me everyday with her knowledge, her love for Science and Maths~ She is also so creative and caring and loving...She was full to bursting with a beaming smile of enthusiasm when telling me all about her day...I hope she continues on this happy path.  
I will be O.K....knowing she will be O.K.
I had a huge milky, hot cup of coffee and sat with my laptop, listening to classic fm and just breathing a huge sigh of relief...

Its a New chapter...And I will get used to these changes...
And I am quite looking forward to Autumn...

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

I picked huge apples off the Hill Top garden tree's... oh' and i've been doing some more needle felting and card designs for two Autumn fairs coming up!...In another post I will share some new artwork and needle felted brooches. 

Some of the Photographs from our trip to Slapton Sands in the South Hams...
Oh' that sea air...Bliss!

x     K a z z y    x




9 comments:

  1. Thank your for your comment re my secret wedding :)

    I'm not so good with change either. It is hard but change brings many positives too. I've had a change this year too after being made redundant so I'm haven't gone back to school this week! Honestly though, I'm glad to have a bit of time to recover after a very busy summer and remain optimistic that redundancy will lead to better things.

    I'm glad you commented as I've now found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following me here! I love your beautiful nature photographs on your blog...very inspiring! x

      Delete
  2. I've just noticed you're on instagram, I've followed you there too (I'm peaklouise there)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My eldest headed off to High school for the first time earlier in the year and it took me a little while to cope with the change too. I understand about the sea air, I often drive to the coast just to walk along the edge of the coastline and recharge the batteries. I'm looking forward to seeing your new artwork. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awwww! so you know that feeling well, hope your son enjoys his first term. yes! sea air...crashing waves...peace...perfect! ;)x

      Delete
  4. I remember those times, the letting go, but the pleasure of seeing your little one grow into their own person, gain confidence with their new found independence. It's a new chapter and you have lots to look forwards to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there, yes i agree with you, actually, now i know she's survived her 1st week at big school i'm feeling like im back on track a bit more now. though, boy' were we all tired with all the new early starts and new routines...x

      Delete
  5. My youngest of three girls has just started her last year of school, Y13 and I really don't know how its happened so fast...! She does still need you of course just in a different way. Less practical maybe though every bit as important, for stability, boundaries, guidance and your love which so clearly shines through your beautiful posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for those lovely words, sure made me smile!...I know the years have gone to quick, my head and heart need to catch up a bit i think x

      Delete