Pages

Thursday 8 November 2018

Hello November....


The Days seem to be whizzing past my very eyes...Its November already!?
Its been a very wet and windy week. Sophia's come home from school with very soggy socks three days in a row. Have you noticed the 'New' header on my blog?...Its taking me a while to get used to it. I drew the little illustration and then added words via photo editor. I keep messing around with my blog...I am like that in my cottage...always moving furniture, pictures on the walls...ect. Anyway...On a more productive front I've been adding a few more illustrations to my Etsy shop  (I share my shop with my comic artist partner so do scroll down to see all my illustrations for sale).



Last Week end we went for a wonderful walk around Dartington Hall and also had lunch in Totnes, I love the market there and all the shops set on a Devon hill...Wonderful gift shops, vintage shops, art shops, haberdashery, butchers, groceries, florists, vintage and food market, lots of charity shops and book shops. 
A bit of everything really...It has a Camden Market (in London) vibe about the place, arty, creative and relaxed.  Sophia was with her father So it was just a weekend with my partner~ it feels like a 'date' when we go out alone. Just do as we please...mooch about the shops...take time in the gallery space, take in the atmosphere in the Market square...listen to the little band play. Have a bite to eat reading books and magazines. Stevie is a comic artist in his spare time from his engineer job~ So we always get some art supplies in the lovely art shop there...I actually didn't buy anything in the art shop that day which is rare for me and Stevie just got some card stock. On our way back up the hill I got a magazine and a candle (spiced apple). I got some lovely ideas for dolls after seeing some vintage ones...still a work in progress.


I hope you're enjoying the seasonal colours out there this November?...Its a beautiful time of year. All the beautiful spectrum of colours in the leaves and fields. 

x       K a z z y      x

(**New shop listings of prints **)




5 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos of your day out and about. Because of hubby's work schedule, we are able to have a day out together every now and then when the kids are at school. We call it 'date day' and really love that time together. xx Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your day of shopping sounds just divine. I can't imagine going into an art shop and not coming out with a treasure, though. :-) You are so lucky to live close to such wonderful places. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your new blog header picture. I can't believe it's November either, and nearly half way through the month now too! Sounds like a lovely 'date' weekend you had :)

    That mushroom you saw looks rather like a magpie inkcap (though I may be wrong)!! I'd love to see one of those but they're more common in the south I think and not seen all that often.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your latest works are lovely, so much detail! the dolls look interesting. Is that pretty little cottage yours? I hope so - it looks heavenly. Your new header is refreshing, it's good to change things around. Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't draw so much as a stick man, but I do love colouring. Your artwork reminds me of my favourite, Kerby Rosanes. I've coloured many of her illustrations from her wonderful books ( I suffer from anxiety and it's such wonderful therapy ) Best, Jane :)

    ReplyDelete