Pages

Monday 22 June 2020

Step by step...

Helloooo out there in Blog land...
Gradually over these last weeks since the lock down rules have relaxed slightly we've had a few day trips during the weekends to The Duchy Nursery, Cornwall and visited some much missed and much loved Cornish ,Coastal harbours and villages...Like Charlestown and Cawsands, Kingsands and along the Whitsands Bay. Still, trying to find less 'peopley' places and keeping to Social distancing guidelines.
We have noticed a few more people about...cars especially. Usually, Cornwall becomes a bee hive of visitors and holiday makers but it still seems quite eerily quiet...which at the moment I am thankful for as our Hospitals wouldn't be able to cope if there was a crisis during the busy season. Signs are being put up in local businesses in our little Market town ready for reopening come July...Some have already opened but with strict distancing and 'phone and collect' rules.  And I'm so looking forward to seeing our indoor and outdoor Markets open and how I've missed the Charity shops. I've done a lot of 'Make Do and Mend' over these last months.    The weather has been a real mix bag, we've had some quite stormy weather, thunderstorms, flash floods and then beautiful blue skies...The garden needed it...
My peaceful spot...
My favourite times are early evenings in the garden...With a cuppa.
The seedlings had a bit of a bug and slug issue but some are surviving the worst of it...fingers crossed.
The mixed salad has been really abundant this year... I grew the Tomatoes from seed and they are taking their time to grow.
All the delights of my Garden... Apples growing well...
In between the showers...
A trip to the Duchy Nurseries in Cornwall... We had a wonderful walk around the Allotment style Bee Garden which was opened last year...I came home with some treats for my garden.
The Allotment style 'Bee Garden'...with Shepherds huts, wild flowers, gardens and allotment.
Beautiful Place to explore and their nursery greenhouses and plants galore. 
I've also done some watercolours and pen and ink drawings this is just a few of what i've been up to...
Beautiful Summer flowers from the walled garden...
We had a wonderful walk around the woodland at Dartington Hall estate...But I hadn't realised a horse fly had bitten me several times...a few days after my leg swelled up! they are nasty!.
wonderful wicker deer sculptures in the woodland. We actually saw three real deer and a fawn.
Cawsands, Cornwall...and a walk towards Kingsands...
Cottage windows...
Pebbled part of the beach walk and the pretty Cornish cottage with floral wreath on the door, Kingsands.
That view!!!!....♥♥♥♥
Whitsands bay...its so beautiful...The Cornish Coast really takes my breath away...

I needed the Cornish Coast...A breath of fresh air as we step slowly and gently into a new week.
Take care... x    K a z z y    x

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. Our weather has cooled over the last couple of weeks with lots of rain and thunder storms; but we don't mind as it keeps the day trippers away. When the weather was hot the beach, prom and town were no-go areas for us locals. we went for a drive inland to one of our lovely local villages to keep away from the day trippers. It's hard to keep the 2m social distancing when other people refuse to observe it. Take care. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous photos of your trip to the sea. I loved each and every one of them. I simply ADORE your two watercolors!! You should write and illustrate a children's book. I would buy it! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table covering...love it x also adore Cornwall/Devon/Dorset cant wait to get there again in our motorhome( from Norfolk) ...been isolating (as classed as extremely vulnerable ) ....so cant wait x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Kazzy
    It’s me, Lynn.Vintagehabit from Instagram.
    Hee hee isn’t it funny I either hadn’t realised you were on my blog reading list or my old lady brain had forgot.
    I only clicked when I saw our Mary Jane sandals.
    I’ve enjoyed your blog post. And thank you again for the beautiful art work
    Lynn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's so lovely to see your photographs of the stunning Cornish coastline. You live in such a beautiful part of the country. I walked part of the coastal path many years ago now and I'd love to return.
    I was targeted by a horsefly myself this week. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your photos are fab, as normal, Kazzy. I’m missing the Cornish coastline! We would’ve normally been there by now. I’ve ventured to my nearest beaches, Exmouth, Budleigh etc. but they’re not a patch on the Cornish ones. We used to go to Whitsands most weekends when I grew up in Plymouth.
    I’ve not heard of the Duchy nursery, I must look it up. I hope your horsefly bite cleared up ok. I had one several years ago and ended on antibiotics and keep my leg up for a few days. They really are sneaky insects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,just found your blog.Loving your photos of my part of the world.It is getting a lot busier now.Great Art work,you are talented.

    ReplyDelete