Pages

Friday 29 May 2020

Colour ~ Me ~ Happy

Hello again my Lovelies, I'm here Twice in one month!...go me! hehe.
The months to me seem to be whizzing by...Maybe thats because I cope better keeping busy at the moment.
We have ventured a little further from our comfort zones this week...Not too far and only an hour in the car but to new meadows and creeks and non~ peopley places... for some New scenery, New Country views...
I think we've over walked our local canal and footpaths that we needed a change of scene...
I'm sooo glad we did...I packed us all a picnic and drinks and we found a beautiful spot...Actually, its a rather secret spot as we hardly see anyone here...The footpath sign is quite overgrown which helps so that might be why, but we know where it is and its like a secret garden adventure...Wonderful wild flowers, tall grasses...buttercups...Rolling Devon hills for miles and miles around.
Beautiful speckled Yellow moth
Sometimes I stand and just feel in ore at this time of year...Like I have never seen a May like it before.
Sometimes the British Winters seem like they last forever and especially when its been a wet miserable one you just so long for blue skies and beautiful meadows filled with wild flowers and wildlife...Its just such a joy!
I feel after a good walk and some time with Mother Nature I'm feeling so much better in myself.
I've been brave and planted out the Tomatoes in my Garden in the recycled Moses basket filled with earth.
It has been rather hot this week so I've been finding shady spots under the Apple tree with a good book or sketchbook...
Also this week I fancied painting some furniture, I mixed some pots of paint together i'd already got as we haven't managed to get to bigger D.I.Y stores since the Covid-19 outbreak.
I went Pink!!!! and the dresser has had a New lease of life...I think it really brightens up the kitchen space.
And a Lovely place to sit with a nice cup of tea...

I'm enjoying Gardeners World while I type this...
H a p p y    F r i d a y, Enjoy your week end...
x     K  a  z  z  y    x

P.s  My view on picking wild flowers is a little saying my Nanny told me...
'Never a bag full, Only a handful'... I really believe this too.
❁✿❁✿❁✿❁✿❁✿


10 comments:

  1. I love pink! Rumer Godden says there should be a little pink in every room. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your home is incredibly pretty - such a lovely space to live in. So many crafters make lovely things but then confine them to their craft rooms. Their living areas are very often kept beige or magnolia and rather dull. I love colourful, pretty and interesting homes.

    I love all the flowers, and I love pink. I also love Rumer Godden but didn't know she had said that about pink. I think nature is healing and cheering and a walk lifts my spirits too.

    Love the green shoes!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your dresser in pink, it brings everything together beautifully, really pretty. You certainly have found a beautiful secret place, judging by the density of the wildflowers, it is rarely walked over. The yellow moth is beautiful, I wonder which plant it is attracted to/hides on. I agree walking in nature certainly lifts our spirits, it's my 'church'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We stay home and don't venture to far. Since 'out of towners' had to stop working they've been flooding into our little town for the prom and beach. It's a sad thing that to many have been treating this pandemic like a holiday! It's lovely that you found a quiet place to enjoy. Your wildflowers and pink dresser look so dreamy. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful post.. full of sunshine, pretty wildflowers and positivity. That is so important right now.. we will overcome. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, it's been a great spring this year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The weather has been such a blessing throughout this whole Covid disaster. I think it would have been far more depressing had it been wet and miserable. I am really enjoying the late evenings sat in the garden with a drink having a chat with the family. My early morning and late evening dog walks with Minnie have been beautiful. The birds and their song are heavenly. The dog is fascinated with them and just wants to sit and watch them as they flit about gathering nesty bits! I love that saying of your Nanny's! Take care sweetie and all keep keeping safe. Much Love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dresser looks wonderful, Kazzy! It’s such a lovely shade of pink too. You are very lucky to have a secret place to explore. With such an abundance of wildflowers and a narrow path, long may it remain unknown to most people too! Love your Nanny’s saying and a good one to go by xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must think me awful! I’ve only just this minute discovered that you commented on my blog some while ago! I do apologise...I’ve had to relearn how to use blogger and didn’t realised that I had to approve the comments ! Anyway...I love your blog too! Hope you are keeping safe! Sal 😁 X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com whats-App +918929509036 Dr James Eric Housing Finance Pvt Ltd Thank

    ReplyDelete