Pages

Tuesday 8 December 2020

December snow & a catch up...

 We had a wonderful surprise last week on the moors near our market town... Sleet and then snow fell over the night while we slept and when I went to draw the curtains that morning in the December sunrise I saw a beautiful and magical snow filled landscape towards Dartmoor... Sooo unbelievably exciting... We quickly dressed, coats and boots and woolly mittens and headed up there... It felt just right to have snow before Christmas.

Snow and the sparkle of it all just transforms any bleak landscape... Really cheered my soul. 
Below, my monthly round up from November. 
I should really be organised for Christmas but we've had quite a few stressful things happening in real life and a huge car expense so we'd put off main shopping until all the important things were paid off... Last thing we needed before Christmas. But we can now move forward... And start to begin a list of to do's. I always like to do food hampers for our parents. 

A good walk in the Winter wonderland really put my mind at rest... 


✨✨✨🌟✨✨✨
I've been more creative in the Christmas decorations this year... Myself and Sophia have started making paper chains, I've decorated the windows with a whimsical wonderland (as you saw in my last post), all the decorations are out of the Box's, baubles are hanging on the dresser shelves and the Dartmoor farm Christmas tree has been decorated... And lots of beautiful fairy lights are sparkling in the evenings ... I do enjoy Christmas despite sometimes feeling a bit stressed. 

Christmas will be much different this year.... 
But its about making the best out of a difficult year... 

I always get out the precious cards (from previous years) , some hand made ones that my daughter made me when she was little... Precious memories... πŸ’•

✨✨🌟✨✨πŸŽ„✨✨🌟✨✨
Getting cosy with a vintage ladybird book, always enjoy the vintage illustrations... 

Jack frost has visited quite a few times this week... Its definitely woolly jumper weather. 

One Sunday we found a new little lane walk... But it was quite hilly walking back... 

The wreath below I saw on some else's door, isn't it beautiful? The gold foliage with the gold bee door knocker... I love seeing wreaths on doors, all so different and wonderful. 

On the table... A festive display and favourite Christmas magazines... πŸŒΏπŸ’šπŸŒΏ

My  lovely mum gave me a beautiful card below... 
I better start writing mine... 🀭✨🌟✨

♥️ Baubles on the dresser top by Candlelight... 

December sunlight casting shadows from my whimsical window.... Brings me joy every morning... ✨🌟✨🧚‍♂️🌟✨✨

πŸŒΏπŸ’šπŸŒΏ
Merry December, 
 x        K a z z y       x

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. What Christmas is all about x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous snow, gorgeous decorations, happy stories of your week.. I loved each and every image and they filled me with holiday joy. *T*H*A*N*K* * *Y*O*U*!*!*!*
    ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    *********************************************
    *H*A*P*P*Y* * *H*O*L*I*D*A*Y*S*!*!*!*
    *********************************************

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kazzie so pleased you have had snow and everything is pretty in your part of the World. Your decorations look lovely. Hope you will be warm and cosy and that your stresses and worries will melt away xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved all your snowy scenes Kazzy and your window shadows are so perfect. Christmas is pressure in many ways isn't it, but I hope you manage to enjoy it too xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a festive and welcoming post. Very inspiring indeed and I really must finish my Christmas decorations too. I am going back in now to your post to have another look at all those wonderful Christmas decorations you have to give me ideas...so thanks for this inspiration. I totally agree with you about the golden wreath and that fabulous bee door knocker. I wish I could find one of them!! Beautiful snow scenes! stay safe Amanda x

    ReplyDelete