Pages

Monday 5 July 2021

🌞Sunshine & showers☔

 It's been a month since I last posted so a little catch up...wonderful sunny days exploring meadows in June & Dittisham, Dartmoor, Dartington Estate, Buckfastleigh Abbey Gardens, The new Box museum Plymouth... And especially being in my Summer time garden on the hill top... Life has been full on & busy! 

(view from the hill top)... My wonderful apple trees below🌱🍎🌱🍏🌱🍎🌱
We also went for a family trip to Exeter & enjoyed the museum & I loved the bikes in bloom around the city... 💕

I've been giving myself a bit of a break of late, some well needed self care... I won't dwell on the details but I've been struggling emotionally & mentally... Sometimes your body just tells you to look after yourself! A couple of difficult and sad events recently just tipped me too far and after a bit of feeling like I was walking in cement & crying over the slightest thing I suddenly realised I'd hit an all time low. Generally, I'm that up beat, laugh it off, pull my socks up and carry on kind of person. But I couldn't find her inside of me to push me forward with a smile and a little strength. 

So instead of letting it beat me I talked to *me*... Kind of talked through to myself why was I struggling... And this really helped me... I realised not everything you can fix or make right, life's not like that. Sometimes you need to focus on what's best for you and your family... And that meant stepping away... And taking time out of situations. 

My market town covered in bunting... 
We've been enjoying lots of rhubarb crumbles 

 I'm incredibly lucky to have my kind, thoughtful and loving partner stevie, my rock at times like this. Life does have its ups and downs after all... Its just how you deal with it... Stevie surprised me with yearly passes to the National Trust... What a joy that was... And there's so many beautiful Country homes & Gardens to explore not far from us and also about an hour or two drive away. We took advantage of that this weekend... Cotehele & Lanhydrock....

Glimpses of sunshine & showers... 
But everything looks so lush and green. 
Wonderful glass mosaic & wicker hare sculptures. 
There's more photos over on my Instagram feed. Link in sidebar. 
Beautiful gallery ceiling... Lanhydrock. 
Today I'm just enjoying the peace & quiet on my day off while stevie at work and sophs at school. I picked a soggy posy from my garden after all the rain... 
Take care of you, 💕
I hope the sun is shining where you are too. 

x     K  a  z  z  y    x



7 comments:

  1. So glad you had a self-talking-to. And realized you were very 'down' and needed wise self care.

    What wonderful photos, and visits!

    Gentle hugs,
    🌿🌼🌿💛🌿🌼🌿

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kazzie, I have those black dog days too and lots of them this month - I give myself a good talking to as well. The most healing thing I find is walking in the woods - today I went to the vet as our cat has such severe anxiety and she prescribed valerian - it's good for humans too, I am going to try and grow it - maybe you can - it makes you feel chilled :) Betty x

    ReplyDelete
  3. sending gentle hugs, summer rain and sunshine for the soul xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sorry to hear of the struggling. I hope it is much better soon. Sometimes the passage of time away from triggering events helps. I am glad you are not beating yourself up for feeling upset.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I send you hugs and warm feelings! And I love those photos again... <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dark moments that turn into dark days are hard to push away but you are half way there when you recognise it yourself. If you add as a remedy wonderful walks, excursions and surrounding yourself with so many uplifting pretties and special treats as I see here then you are on the right track to dispersing all the gloominess. Sending lots of sunny vibes. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've just had a bout of depression myself. I found reading scripture, praying and taking walks helped, though it's not always a quick fix. Sometimes I just have to remember that it will get better. I also shared with my daughter and brother who lent me a sympathetic ear. Feeling much better today! Your photos are lovely and inspiring as always. Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete