Pages

Friday 17 January 2020

January days...

This afternoon was so beautifully light, bright and warm-ish by the Cottage window...
(Its now nearly 4pm so the light is fading as the sun goes down...)
All my Spring bulbs are lined up on the window sill enjoying some much needed sun just hope it lasts the weekend... ❀❁❀❁❀
We've had our fair share of quite stormy days this January...And heavy rain.

♥♥♥♥
Myself and Stevie fancied getting up early one January day and heading in the car to Fowey, Cornwall...
It was so beautifully peaceful. We had a lovely walk along the beach and through the harbour town.
We had lunch in a quirky, old fashioned tea room I took lots of photographs of the pretty doors with stained glass and painted windows, the church Snowdrops and seascapes ...and then we headed back towards the hill top car park in the misty rain... Being by the sea was just what I needed~ A happy sea tonic!... I wouldn't go as far as saying I've had the January blues but I've felt a bit out of sorts...I guess its the light for me, some days have been so dark. I have learnt to enjoy these January days though despite what can seem 'bleakness' there's still a lot of beauty to be found. And I keep telling myself,
 "Spring is just around the corner...just wait patiently"

♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥
Another rather lovely day we headed in the car to Dartington Hall estate, gardens...near Totnes, Devon.
Actually, we did have a lovely look around the Market town of Totnes before our walk at Dartington. I always enjoy the charity shops...book shops, gift shops and market.

All the snowdrops were starting to come into bud along the hilly banks of grass...
The beautiful Moss paths...through the woodlands and long the muddy hill tops...glad I had my boots on.


My Mother has been 'Wassailing'  and waking up the apple orchards at a local farm with her Morris dancing group...It inspired my recent watercolour painting...'Soon to be coming to my Etsy shop' (Link in left hand sidebar to my shop)
behind the scenes ive been working on a few textile fairies and other smaller illustrations...

I have my first big fair in May...I'll have quite a big table to fill with my art and prints...Exciting!. But I have quite a lot to get printed and framed...and I want to make sure I have a New sign and table display...I'm used to having My Stevie by my side but this time I'm on my own as he will have his own table at the fair.

❀❁❀❁❀❁
I find to cheer up the darkness of January having the candles and t lights lit around the house really does lift my spirits...We all seem so busy back into routines of School and work and after school clubs...Life can seem like a yoyo at times...January can feel and incredibly long month...
Belated New years wishes to you all,
I hope you've had some Winter Sun on your face today,

x     K a z z y    x

13 comments:

  1. Stunning photos and your artwork is gorgeous. We haven't had much opportunity to get out with the weather and work, but we got a good airing on the beach this afternoon. Best, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you enjoyed your lovely walk...always good to get to the beach wherever the beach is watching the waves and fresh sea air does us all the world of good!, happy 2020! ;)

      Delete
  2. This was a lovely post to read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Louise, happy 2020! p.s so enjoy the country side around you through your lovely photographs ;)

      Delete
  3. I love your Wassailing work Kazzy, it's very pretty - I so wish a writer would spot you as you could do such amazing illustrations for a book! Good luck with your craft fayre, I have no doubt your work will be snapped up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you...its a bit nerve racking but hopefully once ive finsihed getting all the stock printed i'll feel like its all worth it!...I have a little project ive worked on illustrations for someone else's book, but cant say too much until its published in the next year...happy 2020!

      Delete
  4. Wow, Kazzy.. I just love your Wassailing painting! It's so good that you use your talent and paint. I am an artist too but don't take the time to paint! I am spending all my spare time crocheting. I used to paint using octopus ink, have you ever heard of that? If you google - teresa kasner octopus ink painting - you could see some of them. Thank you for sharing your beautiful countryside and charming buildings.. I wish I could visit there. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you kindly Teresa, best wishes for 2020! ;)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful blog you have Kazzy. I’ve added you to my blog library reading list
    Lynn. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have just "found" your lovely blog, what a pleasure to read :-) It has now been added to my blog list. Your art work is so magical, I will have to "treat" myself one of these days ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing, nice post! Post really provice useful information!

    Giaonhan247 chuyΓͺn dα»‹ch vα»₯ gα»­i hΓ ng Δ‘i Úc, mua hα»™ vΓ²ng tay pandora ΓΊc ship về Việt Nam uy tΓ­n vΓ  dα»‹ch vα»₯ vαΊ­n chuyển hΓ ng Δ‘i campuchia uy tΓ­n.

    ReplyDelete